When your business relies on booking a steady flow of client appointments, keeping your loyal customers coming back on a regular basis is a huge priority. Equally important, though, is attracting new customers. If you can successfully get a new customer to book an appointment, you then have the opportunity to showcase what you have to offer and turn that new customer into a lifelong regular. Here are three ways to do just that.
1. Encourage Word-of-Mouth Recommendations
Word of mouth is still the number one way to get business referrals. A recent study of customers at salons and barber shops showed that 36% of customers pick a new salon based on recommendations from their friends or family.
To get those coveted referrals from your clients, first make sure that you’re providing top-notch service and great value. Assuming you’re already delivering on that, the next step is to simply ask your happiest customers. Try saying something like, “You know, I had a couple of clients move out of the area and have several openings now. Do you have any friends or family you could recommend?”
Another option is to offer a deal to both the referring customer and the new customer. If you’re using SpotOn Appointments, it’s really easy since you also have access to our Marketing tools. Simply set up two deals through the Campaigns tab on your SpotOn dashboard—one offering a discount for new customers and one offering a discount to any customer who who refers a new customer. Then make sure to announce the deals both through an email campaign and on your social media pages.
2. Monitor Your Online Reviews
Research shows that a staggering 92% of consumers read customer reviews regularly on sites like Yelp, Google, and Facebook. That’s great news if you have mostly positive reviews, but bad news if you have more than a handful of negative reviews. Whichever the case might be, don’t leave your online reputation to chance.
Make sure you have an efficient way to keep tabs on your reviews and get alerts when new reviews are posted. Again, if you’re using SpotOn, you have access to our review management tools right within your SpotOn dashboard. With that system in place, the next step is to claim your business pages on the big review sites, and then respond appropriately whenever a negative review is posted.
That will mitigate the damage of any negative reviews. The missing piece then is to encourage your best customers to post reviews. Do that successfully, and you’ll be attracting new customers simply by being on top of your reviews.
3. Make Sure Your Business is Discoverable Online
Consumers aren’t merely searching on review sites these days to figure out where they want to go. They’re also doing online searches for local businesses and relying on their mobile phones for nearly everything. In fact, an estimated 2.7 billion people are using smartphones worldwide in 2019.
To make sure your business is discoverable to this massive audience, there are several key things you need to do.
- First, make sure you have a modernized website that lists your business address, hours, and services. This will help your business show up higher in the rankings when people do local business searches.
- Next, make sure you have an easy way to let new clients not only find your business, but easily book an appointment online. With SpotOn Appointments, you can do just that by adding a “Book Now” button on both your business website and Facebook business page.
- Lastly, make sure your business is mobile friendly. With SpotOn Website, we automatically create your website to be mobile responsive. With SpotOn Appointments, you also benefit from having your business listed on the SpotOn consumer mobile app, with a built-in user base of tens of thousands of consumers. This gives people two easy ways to both discover your business and then book an appointment on the spot, right from their mobile phone.
Need an easy way to book more appointments? Get your free demo of SpotOn Appointments and learn how SpotOn can help you run and grow your business.