Contactless payments use short-range wireless technology to make secure payments between a contactless card or payment-enabled device and a contactless-enabled checkout terminal. When customers tap their card or device near the Contactless Symbol, the payment is sent for authorization.
WHAT Are the Benefits of Going Contactless?
Speedy: Quicker transaction times
Sterile: Protects you, your employees, and your customers
Secure: Less chance of fraud and chargebacks
WHY Should Your Business Go Contactless?
Across the globe, safety and ease-of-use are top priority for both business owners and customers, resulting in increased demand for Contactless Payments.
In a global consumer study conducted by Mastercard,
- 51% of Americans are now using some form of Contactless Payments
- Tap-To-Go Credit Cards
- Mobile Wallets
- Nearly 8 in 10 participants say they use contactless payments
- Contactless transactions grew twice as fast as non-contactless transactions in the grocery and drug store categories, between February and March 2020
- Contactless is here to stay with 74% of participants saying they will continue to use contactless payments post-pandemic
HOW Can Your Business Go Contactless?
Contactless options for on-site payments will play a crucial role in the reopening of physical stores. Make sure you have a contactless-enabled payment terminal on site and encourage customers to pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and contactless credit cards.
According to the 2020 American Express Digital Payments Survey, by incorporating the following payment options, your business can expect to see a 6 - 16% increase in customers:
- Online Ordering/App for Curbside Pickup: (+16%)
- Online Ordering/App for Delivery: (+12%)
- Online Ordering/App for In-Store Pickup: (+6%)
- Phone for Delivery: (+10%)
- Phone for Pickup: (+7%)
HERE Is How SpotOn Can Help
- Set Up: We’ll get you equipped with the innovative technology you need, whether it’s contactless-enabled payment terminals, online ordering, e-commerce, or a virtual terminal
- Support: Get 24/7 in-person support, plus access to our knowledge base with tips and guidance on how to clean payment terminals, create new revenue streams, and more
Learn more at www.SpotOn.com