SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small- to mid-sized businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As part of the business operations team, you would be working on various types of systems - from building APIs for exchanging data with external partners, to building web applications to manage business processes, to building out the infrastructure that is necessary to run those systems in a scalable and reliable way. We are looking for someone with at least 3 years experience building technological solutions that have been used to solve real-world problems.
If this describes you...
- You've seen a few projects through to completion in similar roles, and either have worked, or are comfortable working with, teams of small to medium size. For most folks this means about 3+ years of industry experience.
- Have worked with at least one of: Django, Flask, AioHTTP
- Have an eye for idiomatic, readable, and performant Python/JS (ES6+) code, and experience with linters/debuggers/profilers/etc. which help reach these goals
- Comfortable with at least intermediate-level queries in MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL. We'll gladly teach one or the other if needed, but knowledge of at least one is a must.
- Understand Git and comfortable using a branch+tag workflow model that leans heavily on GitHub's Pull Request utilities
- Bonus: Have experience with bothPython 2 and Python 3, and can explain some of the footguns involved in moving between these versions, and in writing cross-compatible code
- Bonus: DevOps experience of any form. We're Vagrant people locally and AWS people in the cloud. Experience with Ansible or similar configuration systems would be extra bonus points.
- Bonus: You're opinionated about tooling, process, code / test styles, etc., but not too snobby about it. Our process is flexible and ever-changing, and you'd be welcome to leave your mark on it!
... then here's a bit about what we have to offer!
- Salary Range: $100k+ annually. This is based on experience and what you bring to the table
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Monthly commuter cost reimbursements
- Company-provided MacBook Pro (or similarly-spec'd device if you're more of a Linux type).
- Reasonable work-from-home/wherever flexibility
- A supportive learning environment, where you will work closely with our small but skilled team of software and QA engineers and graphic designers
- At time of writing we score a 10 on the Joel Test and are working to raise that to at least an 11 in the near future
- Transfers of existing H1B visas will be considered
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.