The payroll specialist will be responsible for entering accurate and timely payroll for all employees. Any payroll questions or inquiries will be directed to the payroll specialist. They will run and evaluate all payroll reports.
- Process payroll for all employees at SpotOn
- Prepare reports about payroll and company expenses
- Work with company HRIS system to process payroll
- Timecard validations, pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
- Manage expenses and expense reports
- Works with Human Resources and Finance to ensure the accuracy of data that enhances error-free payroll
- Address and resolve employee complaints relating to payroll
- Assist HR manager when needed
- Proven experience in an HR, Accounting, or Payroll position
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Understand proper taxation of wages, benefits, and other payroll factors and ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Two or more years in a payroll or accounting roll dealing with payroll release and questions
- HRIS experience required
- Knowledge of payroll administration and related compliances
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the workday
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.