SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small- to mid-sized businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
We are seeking a talented Product Designer for our open and sunny office in Chicago’s West Loop that is eager to learn, grow and contribute to shaping the future of SpotOn. As part of a small and expanding design team, you’ll have a chance to play a major role in growing our organization.
This position requires an innovative designer, a designer that is a self-starter, a team player, and a skilled communicator — all rolled into one. Hands-on design skills, a thorough understanding of web and mobile applications, and excellent collaboration skills are all essential for this role.
What Is Required From You:
- Experience working with a small design team. You inspire passion, dedication, and killer work from others and provide the guidance they need.
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful interactions and stunning visuals across web and mobile applications—not just static websites.
- 3+ years experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Dedicated to sharing work early and often.
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools like Sketch & Invision.
- Knowledge of modular and grid based design.
- Experience/knowledge with information architecture and creating flowcharts.
- Designing thoughtful product user experiences that are functional & usable.
- Painstakingly poring over details until they're just right.
- Collaborating with products owners, marketing leaders, and developers to define and address customers’ greatest needs.
- Creating the best user experience possible.
- Demonstrating ideas with prototyping software (Axure, Framer, Framer X, Invision, Pixate, Marvel, Form or Origami).
- Working in an agile work environment.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll be responsible for designing new features from idea to implementation. On a daily basis, you will:
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions and collaborating with the rest of the product team.
- Work directly with Product Owners, Stakeholders and Project Managers to shape ideas and create interactive prototypes with InVision & Axure.
- Design beautiful, intuitive interfaces that make our multi-dimensional product effortless to use.
- Componentize assets and communicate with our team of engineers to implement features.
About the Company:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Brilliant colleagues from around the world
- Access to an in-building gym membership
- Flexible hours in a fun, relaxed, work environment
- Downtown location, less than 5 minutes from several sources of public transit
- Kitchen stocked with espresso, soda, coffee, and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.