SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small- to mid-sized businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As an Android Software Engineer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with development and maintenance of our Android tablet and mobile phone applications which face thousands of customers and merchants on a daily basis.
Our new office is conveniently located in the Ogilvie Transportation Center, right off CTA and Metra lines. While you won't find kegs and ping-pong in our office, you will find plenty of natural light, sit/stand desks for everyone, and a supportive and talented team coming together to write great software.
We strongly believe in helping each other, asking questions, and welcoming new developers. Being part of a software team should never be a struggle; we are looking for someone who shares that spirit.
If this describes you…
- Able to work on-site in our Chicago, IL office on a full-time basis
- Have 2 or more years of recent Android development experience. Ability to show code snippets and/or open-source projects are bonus points!
- Bachelors in Computer Science plus five years of work experience or Masters in Computer Science plus two years of experience.
- Comfortable with modern Android toolkits and best practices, including Activities, Fragments, Views, XML Layouts, Services, AsyncTasks, Threads, and Handlers.
- Familiar with RESTful APIs and how to use them from Java-based Android applications
- Experience working in small teams and with version control systems (and if that’s Git, even better!)
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Relocation stipend available
- Flexible hours
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.