We are looking for a Senior Controller to partner with our CFO to build an accounting team at SpotOn. In this role, you will lead the development of our financial infrastructure and processes to support our rapidly scaling business.
This Controller position requires strong accounting skills and experience to lead the company’s accounting and finance functions, including management of G/L, A/R, A/P, month-end close, payroll, management reporting, and process improvements.
The Controller will also be expected to lead the company’s planned ERP transition and build new processes to facilitate the consolidation of our emerging international entities.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate problem solving and initiative while delivering a strong desire to analyze, investigate, and resolve issues and function at a high level of expertise and competency and use sound judgment while producing consistent results.
- Responsible for all day to day accounting activities for the accounting department, including managing A/R, A/P, and month-end close
- Financial statements and management reporting, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual balance sheet, P&L and financial statements, perform/review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations; produce period financial statements and analysis of trends and variances and management reporting for all departments
- Provide financial and operational analysis support for management; perform cost analysis for product lines, margin analysis for products, customers and territories, and any other necessary analysis
- Lead transformational projects such as an ERP transition.
- Build and lead an effective team of finance professionals in support of SpotOn
- Maintain a strong partnership with management, identifying cost-saving opportunities, process improvements, and automation
- Managing team employees and is responsible for assigning duties, tracking and monitoring work, and managing performance
- Work closely with outside tax preparation, consulting, and independent accountants
- Financial analysis and financial modeling
- Maintain tax payments, excise tax, and local business tax
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding business, finance, and controller accounting acumen
- Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness (a big plus)
- ERP implementation experience (NetSuite preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent leadership abilities with proven ability to influence
- You have 5-7+ years of progressively responsible experience at a venture-funded startup and/or larger company
- You have 5+ years in a Sr Accountant or Controller Role
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or business administration
- You have a strong technical accounting background, CPA required
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the workday
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.