SpotOn is driven by innovation and evolution, with the mission of providing powerful software and payment solutions to small and medium-sized business owners--all at an affordable cost. We have an immediate need for an experienced senior graphic designer to help us steward the brand. You have a portfolio chock full of kick-ass work as a designer for demanding clients, some in the financial services and software spaces.
The ideal senior designer will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company in support of our field sales and that of our valued merchants and consumers. We are looking for an experienced team player, who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design, an opinion at all times, and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with our audiences. You’re able to check your ego at the door to do great work with a progressive, forward-thinking company. We’re very strong on “team” here and have a strong, core orientation toward embracing diversity--of thought, of experience, and of culture.
Objectives of this Role
- Lead, evolve and protect the SpotOn brand and family of products through visual, emotive storytelling
- Adhere to visual standards for the SpotOn brand and family of products--under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Support the marketing team across a range of marketing and creative needs: from designing sell sheets and other promotional assets for our field sales partners, to creating trade show material, to launching new products, to creating infographics, and more
- Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design experience
- Collaborate with executives, marketing, and sales divisions in creating presentations, custom ads, email campaigns, sell sheets, etc.
Always seek for continuous improvement with brand deliverables, even after delivery
- Work with the entire creative team to establish a unified brand understanding and voice for the company, helming a creative audit to elevate our innovation
- Conceptualize campaign vision, harnessing original graphics, copy, content websites, social media, and other marketing materials
- Interpret, adhere to, and enforce our brand standards
- Obtain stakeholder approval by presenting final visual look and feel, layouts, storyboards, illustrations, etc.
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use
Organize and catalog visual assets for easy internal reference
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 8+ years as a professional graphic designer with 4+ years of experience in a senior role
- Web development understanding; print experience (online and offline marketing methodologies and channels)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, etc.)
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and comping/prototyping
- Have a solid knowledge of photography (editing, layout)
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Obsessive with visual details
- Inspires and leads by example, setting professional standards--must be comfortable with taking ownership with minimal supervision
- Experience with design systems, components, and style guides