SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small- to mid-sized businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As a Software Engineer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with working alongside a strong team of backend, full-stack and frontend engineers to build component-based web software, using modern best practices and a “Keep It Seriously Simple” approach where possible. We are currently growing and expanding into new verticals, you will have a chance to build brand new functions and features on our product line.
If this describes you…
- Professional experience using React as a framework
- A deep understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience and Familiar with the Node.js ecosystem
- Component-based architecture
- One-way data flow
- Asynchronous programming (callbacks, promises, async/await)
- Transpilation and source maps * Bonus points: you can MacGyver together some survival level (or better) Python to feed your frontend with data.
- Mega bonus points: You have published npm modules
… then here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Relocation stipend available
- Flexible hours
- Reasonable work-from-home flexibility
- Casual dress code
- Kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.