This role is available to work in Chicago, Detroit, Mexico City, or Krakow.
SpotOn is a fast-growing payment, marketing, and loyalty platform. We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As a Python developer at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with building backend infrastructure that powers our web and mobile platform. You’ll utilize both Python 2 and 3, taking advantage of the powerful asynchronous features and other niceties granted by modern Python.
- 3+ years of real-world experience with modern Python
- You follow most of PEP8
- Experience building and consuming APIs that drive complex systems
- Eager to get your hands dirty with Python 3
- SQL Database skills
- You should enjoy working with SQL and be eager to get your hands on a dataset and do cool stuff
- You don’t need to be DBA-level, but you should be comfortable writing basic to intermediate SQL queries without googling
Understand the end-to-end delivery of software to users
- MongoDB experience
- Twisted experience
- Django experience
- Async in Python 3.5+
DevOps: Ansible and AWS
- Flexible working schedule
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- 401K with matching
- New MacBook (or whatever tools you need!)
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.