This role is available to work in Chicago, Detroit, Mexico City, or Krakow.
SpotOn is a cutting-edge payments and software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small to midsize businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
As a Project Manager at SpotOn, you’ll be tasked with working alongside a senior team of talented developers, designers, and QA Engineers based in Chicago, Detroit, and Mexico. SpotOn has been expanding into new markets and countries as well as new business verticals and industries. With the rapid growth we are currently experiencing, we are looking for a Project Manager to prioritize new development and keep our momentum going strong.
Background in technology with experience and familiarity with the SDLC
- Must be self-directed and a self-starter used to working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle conflicting situations both internally and externally
- An ambitious leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Product, Development, Design, Sales, and Support Teams
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Experience with Jira or other project management tools is preferred
Must be able to work evenings and weekends, on occasion
- Build project plans, maintain initiative roadmap, schedule, and dependency relationships
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within scope
- Manage changes to project scope, timelines, and priorities
- Responsible for project deliverables and providing weekly status reports on milestones, key issues
- Actively communicate with all involved parties of the project to identify any gaps, build solutions and recommend efficiency improvements
- Align with other project managers and team leads to ensure consistency of processes, critical issues, and reporting
- Scoping and prioritizing activities based on business and customer impact
- Managing project tasks, including feature backlog management, sprint planning, and user story management
Lead and manage resources for all projects
- Flexible working schedule
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- 401K with matching
- New MacBook (or whatever tools you need!)
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.