We are looking for a Strategic Finance Manager to partner with our CFO to lead critical strategic projects to drive the business’s long-term success.
This role will support the senior executive team of SpotOn to uncover compelling business opportunities and understand the long-term and short-term impact of strategic initiatives. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The key to success in this role is to be an individual contributor with the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time while communicating effectively both to internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in Fintech to learn about the changing landscape of financial services & payments technology.
- Carry out market scan and deep-dive analyses to identify potential opportunities (e.g., white space review, vertical analysis, competitive landscape, etc.)
- Size opportunity along with customer segments & use case mapping for partnerships and product strategies.
- Own the end-to-end construction of the financial model for these strategies, keeping in mind the launch’s prioritization & sequencing.
- Leverage subject-matter-experts across the organization to build and refine business cases.
- Identify high-level investments required, including product development, marketing & other costs to evaluate P&L impact.
- Support the preparation of materials for leadership discussions to evaluate initiatives.
- Effectively build external relationships with investment banks, investors, potential acquisition partners, and industry experts.
- An understanding of POS systems and Sass product & technology is preferred.
- Superior analytical capabilities with a deep understanding of how a business operates.
- Strong experience building and maintaining complex financial models.
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both verbally and via email/PowerPoint.)
- Versatile. Ability to navigate a complex & matrixed corporate environment while juggling multiple responsibilities. A positive, can-do attitude & collaborative mindset is essential.
- Highly dependable, with the ability to drive things to conclusion, across teams.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant finance, corporate development/strategy, banking/consulting, or pricing strategy experience.
- MBA, Master’sMaster’s degree, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Bachelor’sBachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the workday.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.