The Underwriter’s primary responsibility is making credit-granting decisions based on risk and underwriting guidelines. The Underwriter is our first line of defense in protecting the company against merchants who are high risk or could damage SpotOn's reputation. We are looking for a diligent, critical thinker who is detail-oriented and demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Document within the appropriate systems detailed notes and emails
- Ensure that all applications and data adhere to Federal, State, and Bank Policy
- Strong verbal communication skills with clients and businesses
- Data enter in proprietary database and maintain excel spreadsheets
- Able to perform strong web research and detect fraudulent documents/ID Theft
- Prepare a written summary based on the analysis of the application describing financial and risk exposure
- Review and analyze credit and financial reports, financial statements, balance sheets, tax returns, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and make recommendations to department managers
- Excellent research skills
- Detailed-oriented and must have the ability to prioritize all tasks appropriately
- Strong computer skills and ability to adapt to new systems quickly and efficiently
- Strong typing skills of at least 50 wpm and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but be able to communicate with the team
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in credit, underwriting, risk or bank compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a minimum of 50% of the workday
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally lifts and carries equipment in the office weighing up to 20 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties so assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.