Consumers are constantly changing their habits. To make sure your marketing efforts are effective, stay on top of these five key trends.
Learn how SpotOn can help your business connect with customers and accelerate revenue.
1. Customers Want Video
- The video streaming market is on track to become a $70.5 billion industry by 2021.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- Facebook reports that users spend more than 3x more time watching a live video vs. pre-recorded video.
2. Make Sure You're Mobile Optimized
- According to Google, websites will now be indexed based on the mobile site and not the desktop site.
- Mobile speed matters. Think With Google found that if a page's loading times goes from 1 to 5 seconds, the bounce rate goes up by 90%.
- Consumers these days are spending more time on their smartphones than any other devices. In fact, 80% of social media content is viewed from a mobile device.
3. Be Prepared to Pay for Social Media Ads
- Social media advertising revenue is forecast at 51.3 billion USD this year.
- Nearly 48% of American social media users say Facebook was the last platform on which they made a purchase.
It's Not All Good News
- According to Facebook's latest quarterly report, the average price per ad increased 39% but the number of ad impressions served only increased 8%.
- According to Twitter's quarterly report, cost per engagement was down 28%, while ad engagement was up 69%.
4. Instagram is the Place to Be
- Vertical videos are trending since the launch of IGTV.
- Users spend 28 minutes per day on Instagram, on average.
- More than 150 million users have a conversation with businesses through Instagram Direct each month. One third of those messages start with an Instagram Story.
- In fact, 1 in 5 organic Instagram Stories yields at least one direct message from a consumer.
5. Find Influencers
- 94% of those who used influencer marketing believe it's an effective strategy.
- Sharing content through influencers increases conversions 3 - 10x.
- 49% of Twitter and Instagram users rely on influencer recommendations.