Does your auto repair business go through a slump during the end-of-year holiday season? If so, you're not alone. The average customer isn't usually looking for auto service because they're caught up in the holiday madness—shopping for gifts, visiting family, or attending their neighbors' holiday parties.
If your auto repair shop experiences this slowdown, there's no reason to fear the holiday speed bump. The right tech solutions and holiday promotions will keep vehicles in your bays all year long.
Tying auto shop tech solutions into holiday promotions.
There are many ways to showcase your business as the best auto repair shop in your area, even if your prospective customers aren't looking for you. And with the help of savvy tech solutions, you can reach even more potential customers. Here are a few tech solutions that you can use to highlight your holiday promotion ideas and attract more customers to your auto shop during the slow season.
- Update your website. Maintaining a responsive website is critical to any business' operations. The holiday season is a great time to showcase your extended service hours on your website to offer more convenience to your customers. Don't forget to emphasize walk-in service availability to fill your bays with last-minute services.
- Start a loyalty rewards program. Your shop's New Year's resolution should be to start a loyalty rewards program for auto maintenance. Keep your VIPs coming back every few months for regular service, inspections, and discounts. Starting a loyalty rewards program during the holiday season also gives you the opportunity to utilize customer referrals. Consider a BOGO promotion for your most loyal customers—your customer buys one service and gets a second service to gift to a friend or family member, netting you another customer.
- Expand your email marketing efforts. Many people travel for the holidays. A well-timed email blast offering pre- and post-trip checks can keep your auto repair business relevant to your customer's changing needs.
- Offer online appointment booking. All of your prospective customers may not be available during your business hours. Offer online appointment booking with early drop-off and late pickup options. Outside of normal business hours, being able to drop a car off early in the morning or pick it up with the help of a secure lockbox late at night could make a huge difference to your customers.
- Engage customers with review management. Have you taken the time to check out your latest reviews and respond to them accordingly? Keep in contact with your customer base wherever they're leaving reviews. This will help prospective customers make the right choice and come to your business. And if you encounter any negative reviews, make it right by gifting a free or discounted service to showcase your eagerness to gain their trust and business.
The easier you can make it for customers to do business with you, the more likely they are to come in for service. Even at a discount, your technicians will stay busy, and your business will turn a profit. The relationships you build now will pay off with repeat business and referrals down the road.
Maintaining a relationship with your auto repair shop customers.
The key to getting through the slow season is to stay in contact with your customers. When it comes to the holidays or slowdowns in overall business, you have to show your customers that you're still ready and eager for their business. With the help of different marketing and tech tools, you'll have more time to manage your business.
With the right marketing tech solutions, you can set yourself up as the local auto repair expert, build your reputation, advertise your holiday promotions, and get more people in the door. Then, impress them with your customer service and build a solid customer base for the seasons and years to come.