“Mobile phones are the future of how businesses will connect with their customers—from payments to marketing campaigns, online ordering, appointment booking, you name it.”
—Zachary Hyman, Co-Founder, SpotOn
Learn How SpotOn Appointments and SMS Reminders Can Help You Run and Grow Your Business
Research shows that 98% of adults in the US have access to a mobile phone with text messaging services, and texting is the most frequently used data service in the world, ahead of Facebook and email.
79% of Americans check their phone within fifteen minutes of waking up and on average 150 times per day, so what better way to reach out to your customers than with text message appointments, reminders, promos, and more?
SMS Appointment reminders in particular have a very positive impact on both the customer and the business they’re interacting with. Reduced no-shows and automated processes benefit the businesses, while clients enjoy the convenience and reliable customer support that text messages provide.
Here are the top 8 reasons why your business needs SMS appointment reminders.
- Text messages have an open rate of approximately 98%. Emails have an open rate of approximately 20%.
- Text messages have a faster average response time than email. Most customers respond to text messages within the first 3 minutes of their delivery, but will take almost 90 minutes to reply to emails.
- 58% of consumers express a more positive outlook towards a business if they offer SMS capabilities.
- Customers are 28% more likely to recommend a company to friends if it offers text messaging capability.
- When it comes to customer support, 64% of people prefer text over voice as a customer service channel.
- 75% of millennials think that text is a helpful way to receive appointment reminders. Why millennials think receiving texts are helpful:
- 60% say it’s an unobtrusive way to be reminded on their own time.
- 57% think it’s one less thing to remember.
- 55% believe it’s the most convenient way to be reminded.
- No-shows have been proven to be reduced by 40%, with automated text reminders.
- Research shows that less than 5% of scheduled appointments are canceled after clients receive a reminder.