This role is available to work in Chicago, Detroit, Mexico City, or Krakow.
SpotOn is a cutting-edge software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small to midsize businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
SpotOn’s DevOps team is tasked with keeping our platform operational and providing tools and processes for fast and efficient development to our developers. There is a mix of reactive request-based work as well as long term project work. There is a wide range of environments and applications to support as part of the team, from helping to modernize our legacy monolithic platform apps to building and supporting our newer services-architecture based applications. Our backends are written primarily in Python and Golang. Our front ends are mostly React-based. We utilize Mongo, Postgres, and MySQL for our databases.
Strong programming fundamentals (Python, Golang, or similar)
- Infrastructure “as code” experience (Terraform preferred)
- Experience building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery Pipelines
- Strong independent troubleshooting skills
- Self-driven and takes pride in doing things well
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas and infrastructure with both operations and developers
- Experience running production workloads on a cloud platform (AWS preferred)
Experience running production workloads using Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience writing and/or supporting Django, Flask, or Phoenix web frameworks
- Solid understanding of GitOps
- Solid understanding of serverless applications
- Deep understanding of the CNCF landscape, including Helm, Helmfile, Prometheus
- Experience with Datadog
- Experience with OpsGenie
- Familiarity with Codefresh.io
- Compliance and Auditing experience (PCI, SOC2)
Some applicable security research experience (application, infrastructure, pen testing, etc.)
Flexible working schedule
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
- 401K with matching
- New MacBook (or whatever tools you need!)
- An opportunity to build products used by tens of millions of customers
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state, or local law.