Marketing is a continual challenge for small businesses, but it doesn't have to be difficult, particularly with new digital marketing tools. Use this infographic as your 6-step guide to marketing success.
Share this Image On Your Site
Get a free demo today to see how SpotOn can help you design and implement a winning marketing strategy.
- Determine Your Marketing Goals
- Make sure you have a clear goal, or your marketing efforts will be misguided and wasted!
- Are you looking to attract new customers? Do you want to trigger repeat visits from your existing customers? Or maybe you’re rebranding your business and want your community to know all about your new vibe.
- Define Your Audience and Budget
- With a clear marketing goal in mind, you can now figure out your target audience. Is your product or service geared towards a specific demographic? Where is your target audience geographically located?
- Most small businesses don’t have a big marketing budget to work with, making traditional marketing methods like print, TV, and radio ads almost impossible. Thankfully, digital marketing is much more affordable and therefore accessible to businesses of all sizes.
- Pick Your Channels of Communication
- With an audience and budget in mind, you can now choose the best ways to reach your audiences: email, social media, blogging, SEO, or traditional marketing.
- Companies that blog attract 97% more leads to their website.
- Email delivers the highest return on investment in marketing.
- Facebook is the most commonly used social media channel (86%) of small businesses.
- Create and Distribute Marketing Content
- Send out marketing content that potential customers will find valuable by sending out deals and discounts, as well as informative messages that show how your products or services can make your customers’ lives better!
- Ensure your content is engaging and professional looking by avoiding spelling and grammar errors in your writing and by incorporating visual elements.
- Including a video in an email improves the click-through rate by 200 – 300%.
- 90% of shoppers say that product videos are helpful in their decision process.
- Brands that switch from text-based advertising to video-based advertising have the best chance of converting leads to sales, especially if done on mobile platforms.
- Convert Visitors into Customers
- Make sure you’re giving potential customers a reason to visit your business. Offering deals and discounts is one way to do this, but it’s not the only way. Include a Call to Action (CTA) with your marketing content:
- “Join us for a special event!”
- “Try our new product!”
- “Sign up for our loyalty program!”
- 40 percent of people say email deals are a big incentive for making purchases.
- Assess Your Marketing Campaigns
- Continually improve your marketing strategy by assessing which types of marketing campaigns work best for your business. Use the analytics features of your email client and social media pages, keep a tally of what discounts and deals are most popular, or simply ask your customers how they heard about you.
- A huge percentage of small business owners—an astonishing 46%—have no idea whether their marketing strategies work or not.